he ruined her, destroyed her when she needed him the most.

she decides to follow her best friend to Edmonton,

where she meets one who she believes is different from the rest,

but realizes that he might be the exact opposite.



Friday, December 10, 2010

you turned me out, and now i can't turn back - five

He stared at me and my heart was beating ten times faster then it should be. My breath got caught in my throat and he leaned in a bit closer.

"Which is it?" he whispered.

"Uh..." was all that managed to come out. The closer he got the harder it was to breathe, "What are you doing?"

"What do you want me to do?"

He got alot closer when I heard the door open behind me. I sat back and took a sharp breath in, "What's up Tay?"

"Uh...your mom is on the phone"

"Oh...okay, thanks" I stood up quickly and walked into the house. I overheard Taylor say something to Magnus, but I didn't bother catching it, "Mom, hey" I answered.

"How's Edmonton honey?"

"It's great, except he showed up"

"Matt?"

I just sighed, "yah"

"Honey, don't let him get to you, there's better guys out there"

"I know mom, I've met some nice people here"

"A boy?" Her voice suddenly changed tones and I just rolled my eyes.

"Just a friend mom"

She just laughed, "If you say so"

I saw Magnus come in the room and I felt my face get hot, "Mom, I'll call you later, did you want to talk to Marie?"

"No, I had a chat with her and Taylor already, I'll talk to you soon"

"Bye" I hung up quickly and stared at Magnus for a minute. I was suddenly getting really hot, I didn't like it.

"You okay?" Taylor asked.

"Fine" I simply said.

"Julie, can I--" I cut Magnus off and grabbed his hand, "Outside. Now"

I dragged him outside onto the porch and shut the door.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine" I replied, "But I think I should finish what I started"

Before he could object, my lips met his and I couldn't stop. He was addicting, just his taste. He didn't object at first, but eventually he pushed me off gently and just smirked, "So you do like me?"

"I guess a little" I chuckled.

"Well...I really like you too, right now though, I have alot on my plate...and I can't"

I stood there, stunned, hurt and embarassed. I just put myself out there, and he rejected me. Awesome.

"Okay, well I just made a huge mistake" I said beginning to walk into the house.

He grabbed my arm to stop me, "Julie, don't--"

"No, it's fine" I pulled my arm from his grasp and walked into the house. Taylor immediately knew something was wrong, but I didn't say anything as I slumped down on the couch.

"I think I should should go" Magnus said coming into the room.

"Good idea" I snapped.

Taylor just looked back at me and then at Magnus, "I'll give you a ride"

"Thanks" he simply said.

I watched them walk out and Taylor's aunt looked at me with a concerned look on her face, "You were fine a minute ago"

"It's complicated" I sighed.

"What did he say?"

"No, it was all me"

"You like him?" she smirked.

"Yah...I don't know why though"

"We fall in love with people we don't expect"

"Whoa...no love here..."

"Not yet"

"I doubt that will happen..."

"Your face is red...something else happened out there" Damn it, she caught me.

"I kissed him..."

"You really like him"

"He doesn't like me" I snapped, "It's fine"

"I'm sorry hon..."

"It's fine" I replied standing up, "I'll be in my room"

"Okay.."

I fell down on my bed and sighed. It's as if he flaunted himself in front of me, and then pulled the rug out from under me. Rude. I adore the guy, I do, I can't help it. Maybe...maybe I should forget it. Maybe it wasn't meant to be, maybe...I should talk to Matt. I mean, maybe we could talk things out.

Alot of maybes.

1 comment: